Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hey I'm hooked up...

I have been plugging away with the most irritatingly slow dial up you could possibly ever have, We have a local little Po-dunk Telephone company BCT that has virtually a monopoly on everything, In fact I'm surprised they don't have their hands in our power bills too!
For example I have hooked up at 14.8 Kbps, but the usual was 28.8 Kbps.
So Friggen SLOOOOOOOOW!
This has gone on for years before DSL was available in our area, Mostly because we are rural.
I was getting so P.O.'d everytime I wanted to load a page that I just would click it off in disgust and forget about downloading music or videos.

But I switch to DSL and actually saved myself money by not paying for the extra phone line and the Extended area service (another rip off), The phone company said wow your actually saving money by doing this, Now that scares me, they know I'm saving money...I can expect some kind of a raise in my bill for something soon because they can't have that. I know there's a new building they need somewhere.

DSL is so unbelievable! I had never personally experienced it myself, But OMG I love this! This is a whole new Internet for me and oh what I have been missing....It's just shocking!


... just surfin

3 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

Yup - speed is fantastic. I've had highspeed so long I've totally forgotten the annoyances of dial-up. We were among the first with cable but switched from that because it slowed down with more people on it. Gonna catch up with the rest now...

e said...

Welcome to high-speed.
Isn't life totally differnet now?
Fun.

e said...

Welcome to high-speed.
Isn't life totally differnet now?
Fun.