Wednesday, January 04, 2006

...Oh I Wish I Were An Oscar Mayer Wei-ner...

This was the hi-Lite of my day today,
The sinus surgery on hold for now pending the approval of the insurance gods,
They will pay for the Dr's and the procedure but the hospital coverage is in limbo...I know, It makes no sense what so ever but, This is where it stands till I find out more.
I've got a lot of irons in the fire (Blacksmith terms) so to speak and hopefully one of them will come to fruition for me and get it taken care of.


That is what I truly wish to be. Cause if I were a Oscar Mayer wei-ner, everyone would be in love with me...


I stopped and took pictures of this on my way home today, They were parked in the Haggen parking lot in Oregon City, The girls that were driving it were no where to be found so I didn't get my whistle damn it.


But I mainly stopped because my #1 son Jer loves this weinermobile and it brought back memories of a picture of him and the hotdog shaped transport.

I did have another encounter with this odditity, when I was 13 in the family motorhome on the way to Minnesota to see the cousins, there it was, the strangest thing I think I ever saw. It was just driving down the side walk like roads(concrete pads) in Nebraska. We kept up with it by the way of us kids urging the step father to go faster, and the kid in him came to life and for once he let go, we waved and honked like fools. But oh well, we were not the first and probably not the last!

Interior
Hot Dog shaped Instrument Panel
(I stole this one from the net)
GPS navigation SystemSeating for 6 -
in Mustard and Ketchup Colored Seats


Rearview Camera
Gull-Wing DoorMustard-splattered Walkway
Removable Bun Roof
State-of-the-Art Audio Center with Wireless Microphone System
Blue Sky Ceiling Art
Cruises on Average 500 Miles/Week
The First Wienermobile Vehicle Was Built in 1936
Has Storage Space For 11, 000 Wienerwhistle Toys
Custom-made Fiberglass Hot Dog Resting on a Lightly Toasted Bun Chevrolet W4 Series ChassisV-8,
6.0 Liter 350 Vortec 5700 Engine
Anti-Lock Brake System
32.1 Gallon Fuel Tank For Each Fill Up of High Octane Mustard (A pun)


The one that started them all...The Oscar Mayer WienerMobile is a king among Product Mobiles. The first Wienermobile was created in 1936 and the current one is 55 hot dogs long (27 ft.), 18 hot dogs wide (8 ft.) and 25 hot dogs high (11ft.).

Kids love exploring the WienerMobile inside and out and often walk away with a free Wienerwhistle after their visit. The Wienerwhistle (in it's original form) dates back to 1951 and can play the notes from the Oscar Mayer Weiner Song.
The hotdog motif is continued inside the WienerMobile with the hotdog shaped dashboards and wiener decorations.



That is what I truly wish to be. Cause if I were a Oscar Mayer wei-ner, everyone would be in love with me...
This is a hard tune to turn off once you start singing it!


6 Left A Love Note :):

Pirate said...

Second only to the Batmobile...

e said...

How did they get the DMV to approve a plate that says "WEENER"?
I mean, would they give us one like that? I don't think so.

Sweetilicious said...

You know I don't know how they get the priviledge to use "WEINER" on their plates, It amazed me too, It wouldn't fly here in Oregon for sure.
When I was younger it used to say just "OSCAR" on the plates, ...Someone developed a sense of humor don't you think?

Jeannie said...

funny thing about that song and the influence the States has over Canada - I spent my childhood singing that song yet I have yet to see or eat an Oscar Mayer weiner. Same goes with an early Mcdonald's song until I was about 10 or so. Not sure I would want a weiner-mobile tho.

D.T. said...

Have you ever ridden in the Weinermobile? OMG...it's so cool! We wrote to "Oscar Meyer" (cuz as kids, we believed in him like Santa) and when they came to the Pima County Fair, they stopped right in front of our house and drove us to the fair. So AMAZING! I mean, yeah, it's basically a car ride, and it doesnt go fast like a roller coaster, but something about it is just sooooo much fun! You're totally floating in air and people gawk and smile and wave at you, wishing they could be you. OMG...and the hot dogs they serve you inside, are THE BEST IN THE WORLD! You should totally write to them and experience the wonder that is the Weinermobile!

Sweetilicious said...

Yeah, I should huh?...That would be really cool...and kind of full circle for me.