Monday, February 06, 2006

A Damn Good Thing it's Not 1955...



I've read it and I couldn't have done it not even in those times, Don't get me wrong I'm pretty dotting and the Mr. is spoiled, But this is way over the top.
The scary thing is there were people that actually followed this to the letter I'm sure.

A good woman knows her place, OMG, I'm over board on this statement alone. Posted by Picasa

7 Left A Love Note :):

Buffy said...

That. Is. So. Freaking. Funny.

AprilMaranda said...

Nice! Did the husbands drag their women by the hair and club them if dinner was late?!

Thank God for the Women's movement!

Sweetilicious said...

Maybe so...This could be the argument for why the divorce rate went so high too. Ya think?

D.T. said...

Women can vote, they can drive...what more do these broads want?! Sheesh...

Sweetilicious said...

Oh, your so asking for it David...It's a good thing I know your sense of humor.

Marianne said...

I have seen this before. It is insane. And yes, women went to school and studied this kind of stuff! Ever see the movie Mona Lisa Smile with Julia Roberts? Watch it, it's creepy.

Jeannie said...

I think a man wrote this. Don't complain or question if your husband has been out all night? Are you kidding me? I think I dusted last month...I appreciate it when Huggy gets me a nice cup of tea...I think the 50's were a strange time - women had realized they could be independent during the war - because they had to be - and some people probably had some nostalgic false memory of how great things were before the war and wanted to bring back those halcyon days. I do remember my Mom always trying to have things "just so". Dinner on the table. I think Dad got the drinks tho. Huggy used to think life would be like this for him and still wants it but then he shouldn't have built me 2 tanning salons and had me get involved with the paving company either. I think I remind him of that every time he starts up about the state of the house. It's an argument with no where to go. Thanks for a good laugh.