Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ummmm you should smell this...





The Mr. and I had a couple of kids home for dinner and one of the cousins was here too, so I made this Chocolate Passion cake.

It was a double chocolate cake, coconut crusted (a new twist on German Chocolate) and to top it all off a handmade Chocolate Granache icing all to be served warm with generous scoop of French vanilla Ice Cream.

I know it was a hit due to the amount of cake that went. It could have been classified as death by chocolate but not as sweet as it looks, Just semisweet and extremely moist.

Dinner was on old favorite amongst the kids, Chicken curry and noodles, and a corn scallop casserole. Neither Item was too challenging, just comfort foods.

Some days, food is love....

8 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

mmmmm cake. It looks soooo good. Hope you're feeling way better med-wise and surgery wise.

D.T. said...

OMG...I'm salivating just by looking at it! That frosting looks so delicious! As does the cake! It's a shame, it's only semi-sweet...you should put in chocolate chunks and chocolate pudding mix the next time you make it...extra moist, extra sweet...mmmmm....

Sweetilicious said...

Oh, but David It does have the chocolate chunks and sour cream in the batter. It's so moist that if it had pudding it would be liquid.
The icing is heavy cream hand wisked into melted high quality chocolate bars. The vanilla ice cream is just the right accent to this cake.
You'd love it!

Pirate said...

your husband may be the luckiest guy i know. you provide him with beauty, love, wit and cake.

how's the healing going?

Sweetilicious said...

Pirate, You know men aren't the only ones to like having their egos built. where do you live I'm bringing you a cake right now...

Today was a good day, No Headache! Yay! The shiners are pretty much gone and I'm having some clarity with no pain pills. Whew! I feel good. I'm sure the Mr. is happy about that too.

the baker said...

Oh my!! can I say something? That chocolate cake of yours looks oh so inviting! i wish you were my neighbour so I could steal a slice from you. I can only imagine how it tastes like. I love chocolate to bits and I think I'm definitely going to dream about your cake tonight!

Sweetilicious said...

Thank you Baker, If you were my neighbor we'd be exchanging dishes...I seen your goodies on your page and they look sumptuous too.

bill said...

**Some** days food is love?

Always! Just that, you know, some days its tough love, some days its slow, comfortable love, and some days its 'oh man you have to TASTE this!"