Friday, March 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Monicaaaaaaaaa.....

Well, The days have been boring but ultimately peaceful. The Mr. calls with a good regularity and reports or the day to day happenings and things he did that day. He must miss me too :).

He calls this morning and I say as usual "How was your night?" He then proceeds to tell me of the room of people in the next room that arrived at around 12:30 am, OK, now I'm expecting to hear the thing that happens at most hotels...you know the "No Tell Motel" thing. But no,...this was not it...just a room full of partiers talking over each other until they passed out at approx. 2:30 am. The walls are evidently pretty thin there because he could hear every word loud and clear. Even mentioning that one guy had a what sounded like a tongue ring about the size of a marble...Now that was probably booze but you get my drift right?

Anyway they drank and they sang while the Mr. lay in his slightly uncomfortable bed trying to sleep because he has a long day of physical work to do when he gets up. Lying there frustrated unable to sleep plotting revenge I'm sure! He calls the desk and asks politely to make it stop I've got to work in the morning. I guess nothing worked, But he eventually fell back to sleep as the party wound down.

Now here's the good part....promptly at 6:30 in the morning after his morning coffee and breakfast on the way back to the room he stops by the offending parties door and proceeds to serenade them with a hidious version on the top of his lungs for all the hotel to hear, "the most awful rendition that he can muster of "the 'ol gray mare ain't what she used to be" and repeated it several times from what he said.

Then after no response again in the same awful rendition and severely exaggerated he lets out a "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear MONICAAAAAAAA happy birthday to you. Now if you know him, This is not him on a normal basis and he'd have to been plotting this in his sleep to actually do this. He was secretly trying to get someone to open the door and give him an excuse to jump down their throat I'm sure. Sure sign of Hotel rage.

But no deal thank goodness...Oh, the lowly life of a shoer. I know if they were hearing him, which I'm sure they were they were hiding thinking there's some friggin nut outside our door singing badly and I'm not opening the door!

What a wonderful character he's developing in his ventures on his own, He would never have done that if I were there thankfully, but I might have gotten pissed enough to embarrass him. Women usually are worst about no sleep.

Well I'd better get started on the long list of to do's and look like I've done something while he was gone, As if there was a question of that.

5 Left A Love Note :):

Pril said...

LMFAO, I would pay good money to see that. He'll have to reenact that next time we're together.

Pirate said...

what a great idea. When on the road I have had to turn the TV up louder in order to drown out the noises next door.

I will be singing Rhinestone Cowboy from now on.

Jeannie said...

That is a fantastic idea! We've been kept up all night on a number of occassions with teens partying - getting back at them first thing in the morning is priceless! Especially if they're hungover. Tell the Mr. thanks so much.

Marianne said...

This is a fabulous story! What a guy! I really wish he could have gotten a rise out of those folks. Goodness, that would have been great.

Sweetilicious said...

Well, I shared your responses with Mr. and he laughed as hard as you did.
April, I'll see to a concert in your honor. How much money do you got?

Pirate, The Rhinestone cowboy huh that would be too funny, It sure will make me more conscientious about how noisy I am in hotel from now on.

Jeannie, The trick for me was rearranging my pot and pan cupboard early in the morning or a good thorough vacuuming job. Nothing spells revenge like a vacuum banging against their doors and an Oops SORRY with every hit!

Jan Brady, He was hoping for a response too, He's getting creative now, He can get revenge and not go to jail or get thrown out of the hotel and It made him feel better chuckling to himself afterwards.
He's a funny guy with a mission. This will be his standard now I'm sure he got the first one under his belt. Who knows maybe karaoke is next.