Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Tried and True Dinner for Two or Four

Well, tonight I sampled some new recipes to make sure they were right for guests that come to our home for dinner, I made all four recipes within 1.5 hours and actually it was a delicious dinner. All of them passed with flying colors in the smell, look, feel, and taste categories.

All four recipes were from Martha Stewart



This little goodie is called a Marsala Cheese Tart with Oranges
I can tell you it's flavor has just a hint of Marsala Wine and I added just a little bit more for flavor.

Next was the main dish and it was really good.
Almond Crusted Chicken
I have heard there is a lite orange sauce you can drizzle over this and that would be a nice addition to the chicken.

Now the side dish, All I can say is yummmmm, The Mr. thinks this dish needs to be a main dish at our house now. Do not leave the mint out. It is a really nice accent to this dish.
Orzo with Peas and Mint

And last of all was the salad this to was very appetizing to my palate. Romaine Salad with Prosciutto Crisps

I can personally recommend all of these dishes, I know it's hard to do all at once but it made a spectacular dinner and was just nicely filling and not to heavy. Enjoy!

4 Left A Love Note :):

D.T. said...

That Martha Stewart...is there nothing she cant do?! All those dishes look so mouth-watering, I kid you not! Even the Orzo, and I hate peas!

Pril said...

Ooh! I'll have to try that chicken this week! Thanks, it looks amazing.

Jeannie said...

yummy! Chicken looks easy - love cheesecake - orzo looks interesting - I'll have to wait for spring when my mint comes up

the lotion was Supre Mega Bronzer Vibe - I don't like banana combined with my own personal B.O.

Pril said...

I cooked the chicken and orzo tonight. The chicken turned out really good. I was worried that there wouldn't be enough flavor but the almonds, after cooked, added a tastey, sweet, nutty flavor. Really good and a nice change from my usual soda cracker crumbs. Jer loved it.

The orzo was good too but we didn't care much for the mint. Maybe I used too much but I added 2 T. ? Anyways, I'm going to try it again w/o the mint and see how that goes.

Thanks for adding a new dish to my recipe box. :)