Monday, May 15, 2006

“The game of love is never called on account of darkness, my little midnight snack."


For the benefit of those who don't know we live on a almost 6 acre parcel of land and its about half forest and the rest is land we mow and mow and mow.

We love the country life and the easy trip to town from here. But with country you also get critters, I worry about my co-author being out a night because of this. But he has his own mind and will escape you if you try to contain him.

Now last night the Mr. and I in our sweet slumber were awakened by this strong worst than ammonia smell, See we for one of the first times this year slept with the window cracked open. Aughhhhh cough, cough, the Mr. quickly shut the window trapping the worst smell you can imagine in our bedroom thinking it would only get worst if left open.

How I don't know, But I swear I woke with a sore throat from the smell. We then opened our bedroom door to the outside and it smelled better outside than in.

OMG, Pepe la Pew and his girlfriend was roaming the 6 acre woods last night, and I pray they take their dates somewhere else from now on. Anybody know a good deterant spray for skunks?

2 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

Don't know of a deterent but Pepe's cousins are occassionally known to live in town. We had one nest under our deck at a trailer we had - nasty!

D.T. said...

What if you scatter moth balls around your house? It works on stray dogs, so I'm almost sure the smell and taste of those nasty things will send Pepe and his lovers away!