Friday, May 26, 2006

One flyin' the Coop



I recently learned and still don't except that my youngest son that I affectionately sometimes label as the #2 son. Which the numbers are purely for purposes of defining who is who according first and second born.

When your raising kids and its a tough spell you catch yourself wondering what it will be like when they're grown. But when they're grown you think of all the things that made you love them when they were little.

I'm so sad he's moving to Vegas June 10th, although the #1 son and his wife live there and they will get to spend time together, It's still a weepy time for this Mom.
I still have one daughter and her husband and kids living here and they have been warned "No moving allowed!"

This is just twisted don't you think, He's a grown man of 27 yrs. I know your thinking what does that make Sweeti? well I'll tell you..."39" again.
I sure hope he's making the right decision to move and he'll be safe and happy.

I made him promise he'd be back for holidays and he said "you gotta go home for Christmas" I almost started to cry. Sniff, Sniff.
It's gonna be Ok, I think...He'd better call often.

3 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

I don't want my kids to move away either but I know my boys will. I may have manipulated baby enough to have severe guilt and anxiety attacks when just thinking of moving away but she is nevertheless hoping to go away to school. She'll only be an easy hour away but still...And her brother will be back at school, and #1 is talking about moving to TO to be with his girlfriend.... We could have a good cry together.

D.T. said...

Awww...dont worry, about it. I'm sure you're son knows that there is always an infinite amount of love available to him and I'm sure he sees it in you. And even though he may be far away, I'm sure he will take along with him all the great teachings you taught him, so that if he ever feels lonely, he can just look inside himself and remember you for forever.

Marianne said...

Aw Sweeti, I wish I could wrap my arms around you and give you a big squeeze. He's a good looking young man too, I might add.