Friday, June 09, 2006

A rough day ahead of me...


After hosting a going away dinner for the #2 son with family and extended family which was really nice and yet sad at the same time. I still find myself fighting my feelings about him going to do his own thing. You know the thing is he has not lived at home for many years now but has always been near for family dinners or just getting together on a spur of the moment.
I'll will miss that immensely.



The #1 son flies in today, but he'll be here for only a mere few hours to help the #2 son load up and then drive to Vegas together. I do get to spend part of the afternoon with the two of them. I will try to contain my tears and be the strong one but this is going to be tough.
The #1 son doesn't realize I go thru this when I see him too, Every time I find it sad to say see you next time and I Love You, never good-bye.
The #2 son seemed to make it a little easier to bear by being close to home. God I have great thoughtful and loving kids, I'm so thankful for that. I just wish it didn't hurt so much when they move on to their own lives, Because I want to be happy for them.

This is the furthest he has every been from home, and its not like going to his dads for the summer it's going to live there and then wherever life takes him from there. Someday maybe I'll have all the kids back in the same state again.




So I guess I'll just have to pull myself up by my boot straps and get on with the day, Will me strength to get thru this OK?
The only consolation to the day is that the Mr. will be coming home this evening and for that I'm thankful too. He's been gone since Monday and this time it's felt pretty long.
X's and O's


On a much lighter note...
This is my daughter and her hubby announcing a bouncing baby boy puppy, His name seems to be Bandit for the time being. He's a mutt. We are trying to figure out what he might be crossed with any thoughts on this?

Cute isn't he, They guess him at about 4 months and just a sweet disposition. He is a pound puppy rescue.

4 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

I don't wanna think about your son leaving because mine aren't far behind. Hopefully they won't stray too far - no more than 100 km or so. But ya never know.
The mutt is adorable. I never hear of any mutts for sale any more. Everyone wants a pedigree.

Jeannie said...

Wanted to say too - you don't look old enough to be his mama!

Marianne said...

Your #2 is a nice looking guy. Wow.

And my heart is going out to you. I wish we could sit down and cry together. I am really sorry that he moved away.

I keep reminding myself I can call and talk to my mom whenever I want. It is great for awhile until I have to go and hanging up is hard. So it enables me for awhile, but I can't avoid a revisit of the same old pain.

I wish you the best. Hang in there beautiful lady.

Irresistable Bitch said...

And here i'm always jokeing about not being able to wait for the day my kids move out, ;(

I know my heart will break.

hang in there, you have a beautiful family

xoxo
SP