Thursday, August 17, 2006

"Grandma took a little spill at the sand dunes today. Broke her coccyx."

I know that's a quote from Napoleon Dynamite, But the quote has some resonance to this post however.
Have you ever done something and in hind sight it was totally not to smart, But in real time seemed like it was OK and you'd done it a million times and nothing ever happened?
Well, Yesterday while getting ready for my Chiropractor app., I sit down in my desk chair and lean a little sideways to give my little Emmy Lou a little love in the pen next to my chair.
Yeah, I know you can see where this is going...My chair wheels positioned just perfectly to let me go over, I grab and try to hold on to Emmy Lous metal pen but that hurt and I could not hold myself up. I managed to hold on just long enough for the chair to hit the ground on its side with me half in and half out and then I fell the rest of the way down.

I landed on the chair arm on my tailbone or Coccyx and I knew instantly something was broke I was in excruciating pain. I went to my Chiropractor app. because I knew my regular Dr. was on vacation, then did an X-ray and there it was one confirmed break and another possible crack. Ouch!
It was a freak accident and I probably couldn't duplicate it if I tried.

This is one of those little things that if it happened when my kids were younger I probably would have said the good fairy did this to repay you for a bad doing, But I can't think of a bad doing I've done lately, Hmmmmm...

So now I have this horrible pain in the butt, can hardly sit, walk, or lay on my back and some awful bruising all over to boot. I hope it's gone soon.
My daughter came over yesterday in her wickedly funny sense of humor succeeded in making me laugh by telling her most funny butt jokes and I admit this is a funny area to injure but she has always had fun with butt jokes and we had a good laugh. This will be memorable for at least another 4-6 weeks and I'm sure I'll know every butt joke there is by then.

The Mr. was my Knight in shinning armor yesterday though, He seen me fall and was instantly there to pick me up when I was down...and later he brought me chocolate covered donuts...He knows Chocolate always makes me feel better...Times like these, having history someone with is a really good thing.

3 Left A Love Note :):

Marianne said...

OMG Sweeti!! I am so sorry this happened! My baby sis broke hers too in a jet ski accident. If it wasn't for her life vest, she would have been in big trouble cause she was paralized by the pain and couldn't move. They had to drag her up onto the boat and take her to the ER.

I know it hurts! Take care of you.

Jeannie said...

Poor Sweeti!
Strange that this is one area that does seem to be a funny one to break but unfortunately it doesn't feel funny. Take care - maybe take whatever vitamins or nutrients are out there to help heal because you don't want trouble coming back to haunt you.
Hugs.

bill said...

You're right, the opportunity for tasteless jokes is immense. Two just occurred to me, neither of which I will foist upon you. Whoops, another just crept into my conciousness... Heal quickly!