Thursday, August 03, 2006

He has my dimple... :)


Last Night the Mr. and I entertained the #2 son Carl and his girlfriend Joey at dinner in their honor. You see this is a nice little tale.

Most of you who read my blog can remember my heart wrench about a month ago of the youngest Son or as I affectionately refer to him as the #2 son and his choice to change his life and move to Las Vegas. Now this saddened me only because he would be so far away. I know that his phone works and that he has held tight to his promise to call me from time to time, I have overcome some of my sadness of his move by his keeping in contact.
Well, as the story continues. He had left his girl behind, and Tuesday he flew in on a silver winged horse to retrieve a half of his heart he left here. He loves her and wants her to be with him, I Know....Awwwwwww. Its super sweet! The two of them together is really a nice compliment to the others personality, I'm so happy for them! I think they, as a team can make things work and be a beneficial support for eachother. Another words they together could go far focusing as a team.
He's only here until Sunday and then they put all her worldly belongings in a U-Haul and begin their journey back down south to Vegas. It's sad for me again but happy at the same time. ...sniff, sniff, bittersweet...
I believe that we were meant to have soulmate companions and that life is meant to be shared, I feel good about his choice to come and get her and do his "finding himself with the support of a good woman." It's more fun to experience life when it's shared.
We spent the evening at our favorite restaurant Gustav's Pub and Grill, For the benefit of those that are unfamiliar with this place, They have great German food, Cooked to order and always a nice variety of menu items to choose from. So if I'm not cooking they are the next best thing. If you live local you should try them, you won't be disappointed.

Just a sampling of the desserts Above is the Barvarian cream with Raspberry puree' drizzled over the top and a dollop of real whipped cream to finish, The Mr.'s personal favorite. Below is the Chocolate mousse in an Almond Florentine shell, Now I need not tell you who's favorite that is do I? Mmmmmmmm.

So the dinner was a smashing success and all of us left feeling full, And now they are back to getting ready to travel, Their hopes are to go and work like crazy save up and travel. There were even utterings about going to Canada. I'm sure nailed down plans will come with time.
Please stand with me in wishing them the best of luck and love in their life 's journey together.

3 Left A Love Note :):

Marianne said...

That is the cutest couple picture. If they ever get engaged (okay, okay, I'm jumping the gun a little....) but if they did, that would be the most endearing engagement picture! Your son is just a little slice of heaven right her on this Earth. Mmm mmm mmm.

And those desert pictures have my tummy grumbling.

DarcyDarlin said...

Wow do they look happy or what? That girl is so beautiful, who does she belong to? Oh yea that is me, I'm her mom. She has at last found the man she wants to spend her life with, and I couldn't be happier. Carl is a great loving and caring man whom is so respectful of others. I know you must be so proud of him. He has brought a purpose to her life and you can see it in her eyes when she looks at him, full of love. Thank you for this wonderful man whom will I know watch over Joelle on the journey they are about to undertake. I to wish they weren't so far away but she to said (I'll call Mom) She Better! Mr Due Man Jones will take care of her to and give her lots of love, as they both do him.

D.T. said...

Awww...that's so sweet, sweeti! And even though your son's leaving once again, think of it this way...you'll probably gain a daughter out of all of this! Plus, she'll have already gone through that unfortunate puberty phase, so double yay!