Saturday, January 20, 2007

The best part of waking up, is folgers in your cup



Do you remember that Folger's Christmas commercial from years ago, the one where the kid hitchhikes home and goes into his parent's house early in the morning, the little girl runs downstairs to greet him and they quietly make Folger's coffee, which wakes up the mom and she comes downstairs and exclaims "Peter!"

Everytime I see this Commercial it reminds me of my mother, No not the commercial itself but the product its selling, Folgers Coffee.

I wonder what will remind my kids of me long after I'm gone?

...Today was my Mom's 16th Anniversary of her passing, Not a day goes by that for some reason or another that I don't miss her. I realized today though my memories are fading of her, It's natural I know but sad.



Now she'd say to me stop this your f***ing depressing me and pass the damn Coffeemate. Then she'd light up a Marlboro light 100, Put her elbow on the table for support(she had lower back and hip problems), take a drag off her cigarette and say life was good.
She wouldn't have done it any other way.

For her it wasn't Quantity of life rather the opposite it was Quality.

For me, her life was way to short, She left just when it was getting good.

1 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

It is strange, the little things that remind you of someone who is gone. Like Folgers.

But it's often sweet to remember these things. Not at the start but later on when you become more accustomed to the hole that is left.