Monday, March 19, 2007

The world really is my crab, shrimp, clam, lobster and oyster.


Howdy all, I know long time no hear...I've been getting all the extra testing done that was so rudely suggested after having about 3 hours of revelry thinking I could eat shellfish again and having the allergist call and say Whoa, whoa, whoa we need to do some long term testing.

Well, it's all done and to my greatest pleasure I am able to resume the normal life that I love without worry, Except for scallops, I am very allergic to them. No biggy though...I didn't like them anyway. I should carry an epi-pen as suggested by my allergist. I'll talk to my Dr. about that next time.

The my and I are getting ready for the knife show in April. He's been in the shop doing long days and now I'm going to try my hand at making scabbards and sheaths for the knives. It should be interesting. I tooled a holster for my little .25 cal and it turned out great. I used to do this stuff when I was younger and living in Vegas, It was a popular craft in that area.

I'm still doing the weight watchers, and thank heavens for the chocolate carmel bars by weight watchers! It's becoming a way of life in our household now...The Mr. is losing at a good rate of speed and almost to his goal, but he is able to be a lot more active than me right now. We bought a recumbent bike on craigslist, it's in great shape and even has a heart monitor and 10 different programs. It rocks! I been pushing myself a little on it, I have to be careful with my back though.

I'm thinking that I am probably building muscle and will only see minor amounts of weightloss for a while. But 12 pounds so far ain't bad. I remember telling my doctor I would like to lose 10 pounds a month and he said to me Well, that's ambitious and said 2 pounds a week is a good goal. I'm thinking now that he was right. Only because 2 pounds a week is proving to be hard Damnit.

I've started a new endeavor thanks to a product I'm using called Prolief and Phyto prolief, It's working for me I have felt more like myself with more energy and good mental clarity and of all things it lowered my fasting blood sugar from 110 to 85-90 (=Reduced fat storage)in the mornings. I thought this couldn't be, so I tried not using it for a couple days and yep, it was right back up there. I liked the results enough that I became an Independent consultant. Now maybe I can help others. Naturally.
Anyone interested in Natural hormone balance should go to www.johnleemd.com and have a listen or read into it.
If you have questions and I don't have the answers I most likely can get them thru the resources at my disposal.


Now, I'm planning a new menu. Maybe a different seafood per night...and soon a crabbing trip. Ahhhh, life back to some normality finally.

2 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

Living on the coast (or close to it) and having to avoid seafood would be frustrating to the extreme. I so glad you can indulge again. And congrats on the weightloss. And the new hobby! It sounds like hard work to me but then I don't know anything about it.

Marianne said...

I am so glad you are back! I have missed you. And YAY about the seafood! Woo hoo! Congrats on the weightloss and the new consultant position...I hope it goes well for you.

You are so full of good news. Your blog just made my afternoon!