Thursday, April 26, 2007

From Coffee To Cocktails, Hmmmmm...


I have been reading some of my favorite blogs and the topic was cocktails plus some other things also, but it made me think of what my favorite was.
This picture reminds me of it...A Godiva Chocolate Martini, It's sinfully good.
1 1/4 shots Godiva® chocolate liqueur
3/4 shot Vanilla Stoli vodka
A little whipping cream

Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled cocktail glass. This recipe straight from the bar at the Treasure Island Resort in Las Vegas, NV.
Now I have liked a Coconut Rum and Pineapple juice also, Or Tequila and lemon and salt when on the beach with a campfire and friends. Beer is Ok for a glass or two with a game of pool, Wine...I'm a wuss, I like the sweeter blush wines. Even the Wild Vines Blackberry Merlot, It's good! ...and Less heartburn.

While surfing I stumble onto the winner of the Americas hottest Bartender and think with the American woman natural response (B*$%^)...just kidding, but she was cute, But the Guy was cuter and I wouldn't mind seeing him across the bar.
I came across a web page on AOL of Cocktails by your Horoscope sign and thought I'd share it.

Now, I can whip up a dangerously delicious Coffee drink, with Brandy, Grand Mariner, kaluha, and Goviva Chocolate ofcourse, top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles or cinnamon or nutmeg or cardamon. Your choice.


Now onto the real day, The Mr. is doing a mentor day with the Grandsons. He'll either come home with a big headache or will have had a good day...its' totally up to the boys. It's take your kids to work day and they picked him, Boy are they in for it. Remember he's a Horseshoer. On good days it's hard work, stinky, and depending on the horse,...dangerous.
Oh, he's got plans for them and they'll not be just sitting around. Sweeping and straightening up his Shoeing rig, I can almost promise will get included. But I guess for boys it still will be better than being in school. I'm curious what their report will say.
For me, It's to the Vet. with Emmy Lou she has over the past few days developed swelling in her hind teats like mastitis but she's not pregnant. I'm scared for her. I have never seen this except on a nursing cat. Maybe it's a Phantom Pregnancy or something, I don't know, but I know I'm worried sick.

***Update on Emmy, After a traumatic office visit we discovered it was a Phantom Pregnancy just as I thought, She thinks she's a mommy with milk and all. It's totally weird. It explains some of her behavior lately though. I thank god that's all it was.

5 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

Did you change it in here again? or am I losing it? Looks good anyway - I really like that colour.

I'll have to try some of the drinks too.

Sweeti said...

Yep, A new color and theme. Thank you.

Scott from Oregon said...

Yep. It does look good.

I stay away from anything but beer and sometimes wine.

I tried when I was younger, but my head spins and I lose my lunch really easily on mixed drinks.

And no, I haven't been to Libby's.

bill said...

That dangerous coffee sounds awfully good to me...

Marianne said...

I am glad Emmy is okay!