Friday, May 11, 2007

Here Birdie...



The Co-Author has but a one track mind and he thinks the bird feeder is the perfect place to implement his plan. (Snickering) He doesn't know I moved the bird feeder though. And he thinks he's so smart.

The youngest Grandson and I did lunch yesterday at his school, First let me tell you how he invites me.
Trent: Hello Gramma
Me: Hi Trent
Trent: Can you come to my school for lunch again?
Me: Yes, When
Trent: Tomorrow and Gramma bring your money cause it's a book sale too.

We have made it a pact to do this each year only next year I'll go there we'll buy raffle tickets and leave, Go to lunch and come back for the raffle to avoid the shoe leather burgers they call bar b que'd

We ate what we could stomach and went outside and read the book we got for Mollie and while waiting for the raffle then played on the computers in the library and then won the raffle, You'd think we won the lottery. He stood up and yelled "YES" several times. We were the first to claim one of the two baskets so we got our choice...Bonus! He raved to everyone that him and his Gramma won, and hardly anyone believed I was his Gramma, yet another Bonus! It was a good day for both of us.

5 Left A Love Note :):

Steve G said...

Sounds like it was lots of fun. Good for both of you.

Jeannie said...

You're way too gorgeous to be anyone's Gramma! I must have missed this post somehow - I have firefox installed now so I'm putting everyone's feed on here. Glad I did - that's one strange cat.

Scott from Oregon said...

There is something evil about that cat...

Can't quite put my finger on it, though...

Sweeti said...

Yes Steve it was, He's such a kind and gentle soul and fun to be around.
Thank you Jeannie-A kiss to you!

...and Scott, He can be evil and a plotter, He keeps trying to get my favorite little birds the yellow finches. I keep trying to outsmart him. It's like Sylvester and Tweety revisited.

Marianne said...

What an awesome day! And they do that at Mollie's school too...they schedule book fair during the week of Donuts with Dads or Muffins with Moms, so they can sucker us in.

Mollie is 11 and almost finished with 5th grade and I still read to her at night before bed, at least twice a week. The book was perfect. And you must know how much she loves dogs.