Thursday, May 17, 2007

What is Glycerol Ester of Wood Rosin?

...And what's it doing in something you drink? This was a question asked at my dinner/Birthday party last night.
Is it really necessary to put in things we eat or drink?

So I go surfing trying to find out what it is and it's just as it sounds...Tree sap so to speak, and it's in my chewing gum too. Yuck!

More info on this link

3 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

Maple syrup is also tree sap.
Chewing gum was from trees originally wasn't it? And trees are just big plants. I wouldn't worry about it - it's just too bad they couldn't come up with a nice user friendly name for it.

Hammer said...

Yeah. that's why I won't drink sunny delight. blek

Did you know most regular brands of ice cream is made from wood pulp?

Sweeti said...

terpenes, are to much like turpentines and it doesn't belong in my food.
...and in my ice cream too, Please say it isn't so.

You know it isn't the real foods were eating causing weight gain it's the food additives. Our bodies don't know what to do with them, so we store them up. Just my uneducated opinion on our nutrition.