Saturday, September 08, 2007

It was a homecoming today


Today, I saw little Faith for the first time since her surgery. She was strapped in her moms SUV freshly out of the hospital, she looked weak but mostly coherent. I met her out by my mail box with a freshly baked hot apple pie to welcome her home. It was great to see her smile again.
I promised to come visit in a few days when she was feeling a little better.

Things like this bring Joy to my world.

3 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

You're such a good person - glad Faith is home.

Liliana said...

Mmmmm I can almost smell that pie, looks delicious.
Glad she's back home! =)

Salt Water said...

I have trouble with the crust. I use an oil recipe, but it never shows any flaking character. If I use shortening or butter, it flakes more. How can I get flaky crust without the deadlier fat?