Friday, October 26, 2007

The Great Pumpkin


Mt.Rainer on a unusually clear day, I was on the Buckley Tapps Hwy E. and Radke Rd. So Far it's the best view of the mountain I've found. The Mr. and I drove one evening to see if we could get a better view and it's all so heavily wooded in that area, that it's hard to to see beyond the trees.

There are many of these old dilapidated old farms, but with a certain nostalgic charm to them. This one is still functioning as a cow farm. It's been there for awhile, probably a family owned opperation. I've heard that in King county the building permits costs are huge and thats if they will allow what you want to do in the first place. The county has way to much power there and don't even get me started on the taxes. I drive by cute houses for sale and I used to wonder why they haven't sold...So I asked people, and now I know. It's sad.


Marris Farms, it's a kid frenzy there this time of year, The first thing I noticed when we went there the first time was the huge milk carton. I always wanted to go and get a picture of it. So this time it was pumpkin time and the corn maze was open, which a few people who emerged from the maze said keep to the right except when you can't and that's the secret. It takes about 30 minutes to go through.
But the draw for me that day was the gleeming orange globes a plenty in the fields, the contrast between the sunny skies and the brown earth and the pumpkins was a true fall flavor. Yes, the kids were screaming and some crying for what they wanted. But most were well behaved and busy trying to find the perfect pumpkin.


The goat walk, if you notice they are only fenced on the public side. They climb up there for a cup of grain or feed that you put in the cup and raise on the pulley system up to them on the ropes as seen in the picture.


The biggest Cornucopia I've ever seen.




The sun was warm, the sky was blue, and fall was in the air...Happy Halloween everyone.

6 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

There's a pumpkin patch here somewhere - my kids were too old - guess we could take Lily if I ever had the time..

Sweeti said...

I took myself and emmy went with me. Get Lily and go.

Hammer said...

Great pics of the pumpkins. Perfect!

Zora said...

I like Halloween and I wish we had it in Germany too.

D.T. said...

What beautiful scenery! I love the warm colors that appear this time of year. I wish Tucson was as colorful...

“My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.” Hemingway said...

I really wanted to do pumpkin patch photos this year. Images like this are just begging to be captured.

Love the photo...