Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's beginning to look and feel like Thanksgiving

This road leads to our house up on the hill. I wonder if my boys remember it? They could have forgotten, It's been a long time since I've seen them. I dreamed of the #1 son the other night, I woke up sad, He was traveling to the Portland area in my dream to work and was too busy to see me. I must be missing him a lot more than I think.
This will be the 2nd Thanksgiving that the #2 son will not be here either. I miss him terribly too.

I've been buried in the fog for 4-5 days now, the trees have lost most of their leaves and are standing in wait of the icy cold months ahead. Fog always arrives just before Thanksgiving in this area, I reminds me of the day when all the good smells are in the house and family are are here laughing and joking, playing games, and reunititing in kindered spirit. The day when food is love, my gift of (((Big hugs))), Pumpkin pies from scratch, Deviled eggs, candied yams, and a big bird with stuffing and all the trimmings in celebration of my thankfulness for my family.
Posted by Picasa

4 Left A Love Note :):

Hammer said...

I think the fog is neat. It would probably get old after a few days though.

Jeannie said...

I love the fog unless I have to drive in it. Just makes the house seem so cozy. I miss my #2 son too. He won't be home until Christmas but then he'll be home. Not for good...hopefully he won't have to move away but I'm thinking that's a pipe dream.

Our Thanksgiving is over and done with seems long ago now. Hope yours is happy even if your boys can't be home.

#2 son said...

I will be home soon mom I promise

Zora said...

We have a lot of fog here, too. It depresses me a littlebit. Today was the first sunny day after weeks.