Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas


Well, The Christmas Ham is in the oven and it's nicely smoked aroma is everywhere and wonderfully traditional in our family, I didn't get all the baking done that I wanted to, just to busy with other things. I think we'll survive though.
I did make the pumpkin cream cheese logs and the pumpkin pies for the Grandboys. The oldest called last night just to chat, I could tell in his voice that he just wanted to anticipate with me on the phone. He asked questions about all his favorite foods (Bacon wrapped chicken livers and water chestnuts)and his pie, and tried to sneak in little ones how many presents did he have here. It sometimes just doesn't matter what the gift is just having a bunch to unwrap is fun. So I wrap everything.
In chatting with him it made me remember the #2 son at a young age being all excited about Christmas and how he was just gonna die if it didn't hurry up and get here and how they all just liked to kinda bring up the conversation topic just to be in the magic of Christmas morning. We could talk for a half hour or more before bed about how santa really knows just what you wanted or needed. It was about recreating the magic that I knew as a child, a gift to pass on. These really were some of the best times. Sweet Memories.
I hope someone recreates a special Christmas tradition for all of you out there, and for my family you know your in my heart and I miss you so much. Merry Christmas.XOXO

5 Left A Love Note :):

#2 said...

merry xmas mom

STAG said...

Merry Christmas to you and the Mister....I hope the forge is being used for its proper purpose this time of year...heating mulling irons for the wine...and that you don't collapse under the weight of all those Christmas activities.

Marianne said...

Merry Christmas dear Sweeti!

Barbara Doduk said...

Merry Christmas to you too Sweeti.

Jeannie said...

Merry Christmas!!