Monday, March 17, 2008

Thorn in my side

I've got a side stitch. It's painful, I got it rising from a chair. How do I get rid of it? It hurts to breath deep. My only respite is lying on my right side, it seems to abate, but now I'm so sore from it that every move I make I feel the tenderness. How do I stop this, it's the 3rd time in 2 months. I'm done for the rest of the day when it happens.

Any good ideas?

7 Left A Love Note :):

Scott from Oregon said...

Muscle relaxants and booze...

aprilmaranda said...

Ditto on the alcohol. Heh.

That's strange though, are you getting enough potassium?

Get well!

Sweeti said...

If I didn't know better I'd think you guys are trying to get me a little bit tipsy. *burp*
The potassium thing might be an angle I will look at. Maybe even dehydration. But for today, I'm feeling some relief thank goodness.

Marianne said...

I was just gonna say a swig of whiskey, and then I saw the first two comments.

I guess this means it's unanimous. You should take up drinking. Or eat a banana. Orange juice is a good source of potassium too.

I like Vodka and orange juice. Then you'll be killing two birds with one stone.

I hope I have helped.

Jeannie said...

If it's not from over activity and is staying a long time, I'd have it checked out - it could be your appendix or gallstones or something

Pacific College Mom said...

Sweeti,
Have you ever considered that you are tearing something like your diaphram when these spasms occur? It sounds like something you really need looked at! Yeah, I hate doctors, too, but they are a necessary evil. Wouldn't it be better to know than than to ask the "non-medical folk" here? Be well!

Liliana said...

Hope you are feeling better!! what was the problem? have you been to the doctor? ;)