Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We've gone to the dogs...

He'd rather be hunting, and maybe in his doggie drug induced dreams he is, but for now he is on bedrest with limited walks and activity. And is sporting an elizabethan collar.

Sir Walter Raleigh has been disabled in the manhood dept. His boys are gone. The Mr. is feeling pure empathy for him even though he will not reproduce in numbers and he thinks that's a huge loss with a good hunting dog, he will gain years in his life for it.
We were on the Mr.'s business trip and a phone call from an unknown neighbor came to phone asking me to come and get my dog, Do you have any idea how helpless you feel being 4 hrs from home and not scheduled to be back for a couple more days?
Our daughter was picking him up on the way home from his pasture and then dropping him off on her way to work, allowing him his playtime in the pasture during the day... Yes, we have a babysitter for our dog. Until, for some strange odd reason he jumps the fence. It's not a short fence either. Come to find out it was the neighbors female dog in heat that lured him from his pasture area.
So, poor guy has to get snipped and clipped. Be drugged and tranquillized and stay in the house for 7-10 days. All of which he doesn't like anymore than not being able to lick the area in question.
Boy it's been awhile since the last time I had an animal neutered because I didn't realize how spendy it's gotten. Now I've made the decision to spay my little Emmy also and just get her a baby girl yorkie for a sister and have no babies. She's had 4 heat cycles now and I hate dealing with it. She changes so much when it comes on and it's just icky to have to deal with. So all the animals will be spayed or neutered.

Emmy has a friend for the summer it's little Faiths dog Maddy, a Miniature long haired daschund, and she's a little lover. At first emmy was too bouncy for Maddy but now she seems to have learned what Maddy likes and has become pretty good friends.

Maddy has come to stay while Faith and her family goes to Boston for her specialized radiation treatments. Soon the nightmare for this family will be somewhat over and little Faith will hopefully get to go to Kindergarden in the fall. I'm so happy that the outcome of this ordeal has turned out this way rather than the opposite...which I can't even bear to think about. I know there are some who believe that there is no God and that It couldn't be possible for this to be his will, But I believe she would not be her without all the prayers and the guidance from the Lord, In essence she was a test case and Drs. were learning from her how to treat other children with this type of cancer.

Our prayers have been answered, She is still with us and as far as we know now, She is cancer free for the time being.


Emmy and Maddy (Best friends forever) Camping on the couch freezing because it's Junuary instead of June in our area, Brrrrr!

Meanwhile, it's 70 days or less til my little Amalie(Jayde)sp? will be born. I rubbed her mommy's belly and said hello to her just the other day. I'm so excited! My son just started a new job, things are looking up for them. Now we just got to get her mommy to stop worrying so much and get some rest. Why does it always have to be so stressful to be pregnant, Why do we always worry so much during that time? is it the hormones? Or, just our nature?

4 Left A Love Note :):

Marianne said...

Oh Amalie! What a great name! How excited you must be...

I love it that Emmy has a little friend too. My dogs, Tiki & Chita are fixed, but Senorita is not. But she doesn't have cycles anymore so I don't worry about her. But the vet said I really should get it done anyway because she could develope endometriosis later.

She's just so tiny, I don't want to risk anything by making her have surgery. I mean, she's almost six years old now. So I just leave things be.

I can't imagine having to deal with messy doggie cycles. Ick.

Liliana said...

Hey Sweeti i think it's nature, my mother used to say "finally, i can rest now" when my daughters were born and she was 69 and 72 at that time, so i don't think the hormones did it, right? =)

PD: wonderful news about little Faith, TG.

Jeannie said...

I'll bet Emmy loves having someone just about her size around. Poor Raleigh. Maybe your neighbor should consider having his dog spayed too. I just got the ball rolling today for Matt's cat. He just keeps putting off taking her in for her shots and spaying. She's had a couple heats already and there's been a Tom prowling the neighborhood - meanwhile she's desperate to get out and has managed to sneak out briefly a couple times - still too timid to go far.

So glad things have gone well for Faith - named appropriately for sure!

I think Moms-to-be always worry because they know something could go wrong. We also think it could be because we did something wrong - it's such a huge responsibility.

Hammer said...

Poor fella. I can't bring myself to snip my little dacshund. He's had a rough life already.