Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Joelle


Amalie last night @ 2 days old

I got to go visit my grand daughter last night, I held her, watched her expressions, rocked her and consoled her. I loved every second of it. She really looks like her Daddy, but has her Mommys lips and possibly eyes. It's still kind of hard to tell yet
We brought her mommy a present because it was her Birthday. A ring with Peridot stones in it, to create a family heirloom. She someday at her own discretion, will pass it down to Amalie. But for now, its Joelle's ring that symbolizes both of them. She was a little overwhelmed, but it was "All Good"

A mothers ring.

starting new family traditions...making memories for the future.

7 Left A Love Note :):

Coloradolady said...

What a sweet baby. And what a sweet gift. How special Joelle must feel. I would have loved something like that when my daughter was born, to save and pass down. Imagine the story that will pass with the ring. Very touching.
Happy Birthday Joelle. You have a mighty sweet little baby there.

Liliana said...

Happy B-day Joelle!!!
What a lovely name: AMALIE.

Jeannie said...

What a sweetie! and all wrapped up with a bow too. You just can't help but love a baby.

Greg C said...

Congrats on the new granddaughter. I have three grandchildren myself. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

Marianne said...

What a thoughtful gift. Amalie is so sweet.

Veronica said...

Hi, this is Teressa's daughter (the one in Tigard). Congrats on the new beautiful baby!!! :)
(www.johnsonhouse4.blogspot.com)

Helene said...

Congratulations to the happy parents and the lucky grandmother. She (your grand daughter, although I'm sure you are too) could not look any cuter.