Friday, August 15, 2008

I wish this was scratch and sniff


There is nothing better than the warm summer sun and soft breezes and the over whelmingly thick smell of sun warmed blackberries on the vine. It just all of a sudden sneaks up on you with the right direction of the breeze and clobbers you with it's rich aroma.
I swear I've died and gone to heaven with every deep and lingering inhale. It smells like the first hint of a blackberry cobbler, at half the baking time, making it's way from the oven only better, walks this time of year are intoxicating for me. If it ever gets labeled as drug, I'll be in serious trouble. It's pure euphoria.

10 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

I wish...

Helene said...

It must be the leaves. I love wild berries but never noticed its scent. They don't grow here, so I'll have to wait to be back in France next summer to experience that.

Sweeti said...

They don't grow where you are?...seriously? I, for some reason thought your climate was very similar to ours.
Really it's the berries you smell, I think it's the gases put of by the ripened berries to ripen the ones that are still coming on.

It is a heavenly scent matched by none other, not even chocolate cake, anyone who knows me, knows that must be a good scent for me to top it with blackberry.
Go to an area where you somehow can be in the middle of a black berry area, like a trail with part shade and do this on a warm afternoon with a slight breeze. As long as berries are ripening you should be able to enjoy the aroma.

Pacific College Mom said...

Ahh, isn't it he truth!? There truly IS nothing better than the lovely scent of the berries, except maybe when you are close enough to catch the redwoods, too...
It just so happens I have a date with a berry vine myself this week. We are completely out of blackberries, and a friend of mine promises she knows where there are marionberries big as a thumb... I can't wait! Thanks for coming by and saying hello at my blog!!!

STAG said...

Thank you SO much for your lovely comments on my blog. It was a fun entry, once in a while I have to post something TOTALLY off the wall just to get a rise from my visitors!

I really need to visit Hoover Dam some day soon...before the lake totally dries up.

Marianne said...

I wish I could smell them.

D.T. said...

You are so right. I'm eating a piece of blackberry pie and I so wanna just bathe in the warm fruit filling if I could. If it didnt stain, I'd so rub this on my face.

Barbara Doduk said...

I wish I could pick em.

John McElveen said...

Hi Sweeti,

I finally was able to swing by and spend some time. Boy what an awesome site! As school permits I certainly will be a regular. If I don't comment, (which is almost impossible for me not to do), know I'm lurking. I'm so glad Jeannie hooked us up link wise so to speak! Congrats on 3rd place...Whooo Hoooo!!!

Great Blog Gal,

J

Oh, I almost forgot...we have the most bestest Blackberry patch right behind our house on the edge of a field, totally undiscovered by humans. If we can just beat the Varmints to 'em we have all we need! Good pic!!

Liliana said...

Hi! i have no idea what you are talking about, here where i live, in the desert, don't have them....but because of everyones comments, i wish we had them!!!