Friday, August 01, 2008

She is just a small town girl...


The Mr and I snuck off to the Yamhill County Fair and Rodeo in McMinnville, Oregon last night just to see Kellie Pickler in person and ofcourse, hear her sing. It was a fun time, Except we had to stand the whole time and I'm boy am I paying for it today. I'm having a real problem with the standing upright for long periods of time, I think I've got a nerve pinching.
Kellie was in her usual form a whole lot of country with a sweet touch of witty and by her own admission a tad bit of A.D.D., She was loving Oregon from what I could tell and expressed her appreciation repeatedly for so many fans coming out to see her. She seemed really genuine, I like that about her.
I looked around a bit and there was quite a few there to see her. She mentioned winning the 3 awards through CMA, and also told us this was a vote through fans only to win them, Yay for her.
Kellie in the beginning brought out her new puppy dog, and Marianne your gonna love this, it was a little bitty Chihuahua. Black and white, spotted like a cow so she name it

Moo Moo
I went to her Myspace to get the picture of it, I'm sure she took it herself because she had only had the pup a couple days and she got it here in Oregon somewhere.

These are pictures from the concert and if you didn't have a camera like mine I'm sure you'd have only gotten a blur. The lighting was terrible for pictures, These were my best shots of many let me tell you. I learned something about my camera through my own trial and error last night. I figured out all by myself how to take these kinds of pictures in the dark with no tripod. Anybody with camera experience knows that's a real task. So Enjoy and I'm proud to bring them to you.



Posted by Picasa
Even though I was a Hicks Chick in the Season 5 of American Idol,...I've yet to see him, I wish her well, She is gifted and has a new album coming out in September. We heard a few preview songs from the album and "Throwing rocks instead of rice" was a catchy sorta funny song about a girl crashing her ex-boyfriends wedding. Listen for it.

5 Left A Love Note :):

Marianne said...

Ah yes, Kellie Pickler. This is the girl who Shark wondered if she ate lead base paint chips during her infancy.

Well she has great taste in dogs!!

I love little MooMoo.

Jeannie said...

I have no idea who this person is but I'm happy you enjoyed the concert. Good job on the pictures.

Helene said...

I've lost interest in American Idol after the 4th season, so I guess that explains why I don't know her, but Moo Moo is a great name for a black and white pooch!

Coloradolady said...

Oh, I really like Kellie Pickler. I happened to click on your site and that caught my attention. I enjoyed this post a lot, and of course the little doggie....I am a dog person.
Thanks for a great post...I will stop in again.

Scott from Oregon said...

Oh you lucky lucky dog!

(You too for getting to see Kelly!)

I never went for the soul patrol.

Too much energy out the sides...