Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcoming in Fall


The 2 girls(Emmy lou and Bella) and I were out for our morning mile long walk in the Enumclaw, WA area and I spotted a really cool old barn way back in the landscape so I took the girls and snuck through the fair grounds where no pets are allowed and took a few shots for you. They never pottied once in the Fairgrounds I swear.
The barn looks to be almost like the old kit barns from the 1920's and 1930's probably cost 3500.00 in it's day, the rounded tops stored a lot more hay and was mostly a matter of function rather than beauty, especially in this type of climate at the base of Mt. Rainer, it's like a little rain forest.
Don't get me wrong in my time spent here I have seen my share of sun also. But sometimes I have to go a meer 12 miles down 410 from here and have found it not to be drizzling but the clouds cleared and the glorious was sun pouring down on us.
Along with the drizzle though, you get beauty, and greenery, it's a really beautiful place here.

Well, better go, it's time to pack up and go home.

I Love old barns.

Posted by Picasa

6 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous scenery. But I can feel my bones ache just looking at it. And I have to pee.

Liliana said...

Nice picture, as always Sweety!

D.T. said...

It wasn't an abandoned barn was it? That would be such a cool place to explore. A total Goonies-worthy place to explore!

Pacific College Mom said...

Beautiful stuff, sweeti!

Barbara Doduk said...

Very lovely photo, looks so peaceful there.

Sweeti said...

Thank you everyone for the complements,
Actually Jeannie it was about 70 degrees and drizzling, almost to warm to wear a coat and be walking.
Liliana, Your always one of my great complimenters thanks.
David, No it wasn't abandonded, it's not to far from areas that they filmed Goonies and the picture looks like it could very well be anywhere on the Northwest coastline not a the base of Mt. Rainier.
PCM, thanks as always.
Barbara, hey good to hear from you again. It was totally peaceful there.