Friday, November 28, 2008

Want to be happier?




We had a very nice Thanksgiving, filled with family, No friends this year. Everything turned out perfect except my pecan pie for some reason didn't completely set up all the way.
I was just a little disappointed by not having more response to my I'm thankful for... cards placed on the table. I wanted to save them in a scrap book for years to come and bring it out each year for all to see and be able to look back on and remember. I think we all have so much to be thankful for in our lives.

I stumbled across an article that I thought was pretty fascinating about having gratitude and it's affect on the human spirit. If you click the title to this post you can read it.

I'm Thankful for...

*Family.




*The Beautiful Granddaughter that was brought into our lives this year, also that she was born happy and healthy and that she has 2 wonderful parents that love her so much.



*The two grandsons that are different in every way but good hearted and good spirited. Also to their families for being tolerant of the pre teen antics and doing their best to help guide these young and worthy spirits in the right directions.




*the folks at Palm Harbor homes for their help in trying to get all this stuff figured out.




*Tom Stewart who is no longer my Doctor but was certainly more than helpful in getting me to the right people and figuring out how to treat my problems. I miss you.




*The drug called Meloxicam for giving my mobility back, reducing my pain and stiffness and helping me regain my participation in my own life again.




*for our kids, each and every one of them. They inspire such pride in the way they carry themselves and the ways they interact with others in caring and giving ways. They are not just good, but also good for something.




*Craigslist for all the great finds and nice people I've come across in the last year, I almost felt guilty for buying some of these items, but, the people assured me they were as happy to sell them to me as I was to get them. "One mans trash , another mans treasure."




*for Faith and her health, for the doctors that helped her reach this stage of "Cancer Free" and for the many prayers that helped get this all done. She is a blessing and has a purpose in life yet to complete. For her parents and family, We have reached a new level of appreciation in life due to their willingness to share Faiths story.




*Maddy who is no longer with us but for the joy she brought to so many lives in her almost 4 years of life. She was a beautiful spirit.




*My Mr., each and everyday for working so hard and being the man that I have always wanted. For his persistence, patience, good heart, and loving ways. I'm more than thankful, I'm most appreciative.




*our customers, that are like friends, and some like family. We truly are thankful for you.




*my blogger friends, for their compassion, wittiness, and caring spirits.




*The Good Lord that hears my prayers and shows us the beacon to light our path.



...and Itsa Bella my little 7 lb licker upper.

6 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

Sounds like being thankful is very good for us. Bet the drug companies are keeping the good news under wraps. Advertisers won't like it either.

Marianne said...

Very nicely done!

Liliana said...

You really made me smile with your "Smile it looks great on you", thank you Sweeti, thank you for asking....


;)

David Tellez said...

You know, some people may perceive writing out what they're thankful for as cheesy, but I think if you're persistant, they will relent. They may not thank you now, but when they see the scrapbook later on, their hearts will be touched when they realize how much they were loved by you.

Scarlet said...

Great post. We have a lot to be thankful for and a good reason to be thankful.

Joelle said...

To this day I regret not filling out a thankful card, it seems I would have not forgotten to do so in previous years but now (no excuse) ;) I have our Ammee and time seems to fly and run together all at once. I will make it a point (set a reminder) in the future to write it at Thanksgiving but PLEASE know everyone I thank GOD everyday for such a WONDERFUL life he has blessed me with and not a moment passes that I don't appreciate my NEW family. XoXo