Sunday, December 21, 2008

Frozen, Iced, Snowed on, Rained on again and NO Power.


This was the picture for most of the Portland area today, Although we live a little ways from there our elevation usually dictates more in the form of snow. This storm has been a rough one for all involved. We've mostly stayed home except for our trip to Freddy's the other night. Now we're home by choice and without power. All the fridge things are in big cooler chests with snow for ice. We have no water now due to the pump on the well not running.
We amongst the 44,000 without power in this area. I'm sitting in my car with my laptop and posting while charging. I have to say this is way better than no laptop at all and not being connected to everyone somehow.

The Mr is trying to save our phone and cable lines in this picture. There is 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of ice on the limbs laying across those lines. If the come down the whole road of 13 families loses phone service.
Back behind our property the neighbors trees layed over the power lines and took them out and that's the reason for no power in our home this evening. I was hoping for a utilty worker by now but no such luck. It's only been 9 hrs but it feels like days. I want a shower.
If you are at all interested in our weather problems and would like to listen to some of the goings on there's a few portland radio links on my sidebar and they arew doing contant updates on our weather. Right now Portland International airport is get very few flight in and hardly nothing going out. They think it will be this way til Tuesday or Wed. Well wish us luck with our power, I have a Christmas Eve dinner to prepare for.



Posted by Picasa

6 Left A Love Note :):

Scott from Oregon said...

We got a nice warm rain and it melted all our snow away...

Jeannie said...

When the power goes out I always wonder if I should have had a gas stove so I could still cook - and perhaps heat the kitchen. It's a bad time of year to not have power.

Marianne said...

Oh Sweetie! Stay as warm as you can and be safe!

Liliana said...

Oh Sweeti, i'm sending best wishes (warm too) for you and your family...=)

sunshine kisses!!

David Tellez said...

No water? How will you survive?! What will you drink? How will you bathe? I'm so curious to know because I cannot even imagine life without water!

David Tellez said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! Hope your safe and warm for this white Christmas!