Friday, January 16, 2009

An airplane in the arms of angels among us

Yesterday I believe 155 people were saved by the hand of our Lord.
I also believe that all the history and training and experience that put Pilot Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III on that plane yesterday was not an accident. He has spent his life preparing for this event, preparing to save these very lives. He is a true hero along with his crew and it by the power of God and his angels that he was able to pull it off, and thank the Lord he did.

Can you imagine how this must be changing the lives of these people that experienced this "Miracle on the Hudson"?
I bet theres some that went home and hugged their kids, wives, husbands, or family like they have never hugged them before and expectedly so. Some that realized that what they are doing is not the path they should be on. Some probably are making a new commitment to their marriage, family, their religion, health, or whatever is important to each of them.
I'll bet there were many bargains made in prayers, I'll bet even non believers were praying and are now believers because they recieved this gift. I'd be willing to bet that there was even some new alliances to come from this. New friends, new ways of life, new ways of thinking.
I thank God that all of you surviviors are safe, a huge thank you to "Sully" and your team for choosing to fly that flight., To the people that helped keep the babies safe and looked after the ones that couldn't seem to help themselves, To the people on the river, the ferry driver that was there so quickly and so jubilant and joyful that everyone was saved, Yep, you all were placed in the right places yesterday and are Hero's of the human kind by the hand of God. Humbling isn't it?

What if you were one of the people on board...think about it...
What would you change in your life if you had experienced this and had this second lease on life?

3 Left A Love Note :):

Coloradolady said...

Wonderful post.....a real eye opener.

Jeannie said...

I never read any articles - just saw the headlines - but you are right - I'm sure there will be many lives changed by this.

SeaSpray said...

What a beautiful and insightful post! I agree.

I am going to ask myself your question..what if it were me or I'll add..a loved one?

Thanks for stopping by. :)