Sunday, January 11, 2009

How long has this little locking tab been there?

After getting this forward and the response back from those unfortunate souls that I rarely send these out to, I decided this has got to come to light and be announced by someone.

Because I missed it, and everyone I sent it to missed it too!


"If you knew, why didn't you tell me? I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself. Whoever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box? You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time. Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I we nt to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up. "



...Ok, so I go to the drawer and pull out the tin foil and sure as s*** there's a marking to press here on both sides of the box. I tried till I almost broke a nail to push there. There is supposedly perforation, and you know what, it is still intact, I can't break it. Go figure. Sweeti

here's just one response to good to not pass on...
do you know how many years (50+?) that i have struggled with
aluminum foil boxes??? i called my neighborhood housewives, they didn't
know about that little thingy either. duh-h!

7 Left A Love Note :):

janeywan said...

Oh my gosh, I never knew that. Bet lots fo people don't know this either. Great tip!

Liliana said...

HA! i'm on my way to the kitchen to check that right now!!!


thanks Sweeti for the info.!!

=)

Jeannie said...

Jumpin Jehoshaphat!

My teeny 50' box of Canadian tin foil from the dollar store did NOT have the locking tabs but the monster plastic roll from Costco had monster tabs.

Kinda makes you feel like you've discovered Atlantis doesn't it? And you can't get the word out to enough people.

nanc said...

i could NOT be more pist! 52 years old - guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!

nanc

made my way here via jeannie's two cents.

Stesha said...

I agree with Janeywan. There are lots of people who don't know. Thanks!

Moannie said...

Me too, I can't believe it is true. thanks for that and for 'sounds of silence for sending me here.

tweetey30 said...

I have heard this before some where. I think I got it in an e-mail from my parents sometime back..