Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Oh, Clementine Oh, Sweet Clementine

I'm so glad your mine, Oh Clementine. OK, kinda corny...But seriously have you had these this season? I could eat my weight in them I swear they haven't been this sweet for a few years. Even Chocolate pales in comparison to the little jewels, Although it might be a nice complement to the citrus...

Sweet,sunny and juicy, they paint your palate with goodness


Oh my darlin', oh my darlin', oh my darlin'
Oh my darlin', oh my darlin' sweet Clementine,
You may be gone
But!
You're not forgotten,
Fare thee well
So long, Clementine

7 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

I think we had some at Christmas but the ones we got weren't very good. I suppose it depends where they come from. But when they're good - they're so good.

Sweeti said...

I had some lookalikes called tanga- somethings around Christmas too, Ugh, bitter, and awful, all they did was give me heartburn.

If it doesn't say Clemetine don't buy them. They are usually ready about this time of year. Try em.

Scott from Oregon said...

I was reading a chart in National Geographic about food. It rated food from 1 to 100, 100 being the most healthy for you.

Clementines were one of the top ten foods, rating a perfect 100.

Liliana said...

Are clementines same as mandarinas?


solecitos!

Marianne said...

Yes yes YES!!! We buy Clementine Tangerines in five pound boxes for $6.99. I eat at least, at the very least, four a day!

The boost in Vitamin C is surely what prevented me from being plagued with Cedar Fever this winter!

I think my family has consumed six boxes of them so far.

That's 30 pounds!!!

Sweeti said...

Oh my gosh Scott, that's great news. Scary though, I almost never love a food that much that's really good for me.

Liliana, that's a good question, I think they are different and not as acidic and a little sweeter.

Marianne, 30lbs? Holy Cow that's huge! They come and go here so fast here that I'm lucky to get one and two boxes if I'm really lucky.

STAG said...

Try dipping them in the chocolate fountain.

You don't HAVE a chocolate fountain? Oh dear.