Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I have a problem...

I have a problem with people I care about hurting themselves with drugs.
I have a problem with people I care about ruining their lives with alcohol.

I sit back and watch this happen to fully grown adults making these choices to change their lives for the worse, albeit, they are adults and their free will allows them to do this without giving any thought to how it affects the people around them.

Becoming numb to the needs of others because there's a party or worse a bottle waiting for that after work drink. After all if they're not driving and doing it on their own time who the hell is it going to hurt?

It's a dinner or event turned down because of...
it's depression that is brought on by...
It's health issues that develop after years of excuses to...
It's the self imposed isolation that it brings by...
It's the midnight cries for help, the lies, and the no memory of ones actions from...
It's the one that claims to be entitled without the participation and caring and giving of themselves because of...
It's the lies and actions that snowball after the years of...
For some it's the stealing, manipulation, from even ones they love because of...

I guess I am to turn my shoulder to this and look the other way, accept things as they are, after all they are adult choices...and this is who they are today, accept it or not.

...I guess this is my choice now?

Let me say...once again, I Have a problem because this effects my life too, even if they are adults.

I'll have to choose self preservation for the good of the rest that still participate, give, care, and love because of choices already made for me...

It's my rebirth... May God bless you and keep you safe.

If this rings true for anyone, please consider the other side along with your personal choices to...

1 Left A Love Note :):

Jeannie said...

I'm sorry that someone with an addiction problem is hurting you and yours. I wonder if it is a warning for me. Fact is, I am participating more now - I want to see friends again because I am not in agony or too tired to be bothered.